The UBC campus is always growing and changing so it is common to encounter construction and road closures. The map below will help you locate existing construction areas and road closures at UBC Okanagan. It is updated with each new project to make navigating campus easier.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration Innovation (ICI) Building – Dec. 2022 – 2025
As a result of the construction of the ICI Building south of the EME Building on Alumni Avenue, there will be disruptions to the Transit Exchange until Fall 2023 as detailed below, and as shown in the exchange map here.
This work will result in the following disruptions:
- Alumni Avenue will be CLOSED to through traffic between the Parking Lot J Access and University Way. Only buses will be permitted onto Alumni Avenue at University Way to access the Transit Exchange. Full lane closure will be in place until Fall 2023.
- Pick-up / drop-off activity cannot occur on Alumni Avenue or University Way when Alumni Avenue is closed. All pick-up / drop-off activity in this area is directed to a new temporary pick-up / drop-off area located in Parking Lot E (south side). Please follow directional signage as posted.
- Bus stops will be moved in the Transit Exchange until Fall 2023. Please refer to Transit Updates page for more information on where to catch your bus during this time.
- The sidewalk along the east side of Alumni Avenue will be CLOSED throughout construction. Pedestrians are asked to use the sidewalk along the west side of Alumni Avenue instead. Please follow the signed detour route and flaggers for your own safety.
- Access to Parking Lots B and J will remain open on Alumni Avenue. A temporary detour to Parking Lot J will be in place from Feb. 16 – Mar. 17. Traffic control personnel will be on site to assist with navigation. The east side of Parking Lot J will remain closed throughout construction.
- The EME building will have disrupted service access until Fall 2023. Temporary service will be created around the building to ensure building operations can continue.
Visit the Campus Planning project page for more information about the ICI building project.
For questions regarding ICI construction, please contact email@example.com