The UBC campus is always growing and changing so it is common to encounter construction and road closures. The map below will help you locate existing construction areas and road closures at UBC Okanagan. It is updated with each new project to make navigating campus easier.
Interdisciplinary Collaboration Innovation (ICI) Building – Dec. 2022 – 2025
Construction of the new ICI building, which will be located south of the Engineering, Management and Education (EME) building, is scheduled to begin in December 2022 with completion in 2025.
This work will result in the following disruptions:
- Intermittent single lane and/or full road closure along Alumni Avenue
- Sidewalk closure along east side of Alumni Ave, pedestrian detour as marked
- Pedestrian detour route will require pedestrians to cross at the crosswalk at the top of the J Lot stairs (south of the J Lot driveway entry)
- Disruption to south end of EME building with restricted access (until Spring, 2023)
- Disruption to east side of Parking Lot J, access to Lot J maintained
Visit the Campus Planning project page for more information about the ICI building project.
For questions regarding ICI construction, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org