Public Transit is an essential service for the UBC Okanagan community to get to and from campus. The UBCO Transit Exchange is located on Alumni Avenue and Transit Way. You can find your bus stop location on a map of the Transit Exchange or look at a map of all transit routes.
Information on routes and schedules can be found online for the Kelowna Regional Transit System, with the exception of route 90, which is operated by the Vernon Regional Transit System. For the most up-to-date information, BC Transit is asking its customers to use Nextride (from desktop/laptop) or the Transit App (from mobile device/tablet) for real-time bus tracking and trip planning.
Seasonal Service Changes – September 2023
This Fall 2023, there are a few NEW changes to transit service to/from UBC, in addition to the regular ‘back to school’ seasonal changes. These new changes include:
- Additional midday and evening service on Route 4 Pandosy / UBCO Express
- More late evening service on Route 6 Glenmore / UBCO
- Extended late evening service on Route 13 Quail Ridge
To understand the details of these changes, please refer to the BC Transit website and look at the detailed schedules for each route.
BC Transit adjusts service levels seasonally for the Winter, Summer and Fall. Check for up to date transit information at the start of each semester from the Kelowna Regional Transit System online, via Nextride or the Transit App.
Transit Exchange Impacts February – December 2023
As a result of the construction of the x̌əl sic snpax̌nwixʷtn south of the EME Building on Alumni Avenue, there will be disruptions to the Transit Exchange from February – December 2023 as detailed below.
- Bus Stop E for route 13 Quail Ridge and route 90 Vernon will move from the east side of Alumni Avenue to the west side of Alumni Avenue. This is where buses currently drop off passengers. Temporary signage indicating the bus stop will be installed.
- Bus Stop A for route 4 Pandosy Express and route 6 Glenmore will move into the Transit Exchange just west of Bus Stop A. Temporary signage indicating the bus stop will be installed.
- An overflow drop-off area will be created on the east end of Transit Way in the event there is no space at the current drop-off area.
Construction Updates provide more information about existing construction areas and impacts to campus transportation.
All full-time students at UBC Okanagan automatically receive a U-Pass, a universal transit pass that gives unlimited access to regional public transportation. Information on the U-Pass can be found at the UBC Students’ Union Okanagan.
All staff and faculty at UBC Okanagan can enrol in the ProPASS Program to receive a 50% discount off monthly transit passes. Learn how to enrol and get more information on the ProPASS Program.